Coveo Releases 2016 Enterprise Search Predictions
Enterprise search will deliver the best information for every customer and every employee, every time, everywhere
According to Coveo, a recognized leader in intelligent search, search technology will transform the way people search and discover relevant information and insights that matter within and beyond organizations. Recognized as the Most Visionary Leader in Enterprise Search by Gartner and as a leader in Big Data Search and Knowledge Discovery by Forrester, Coveo shares its top five predictions for enterprise search technology in 2016.
- Machine learning will change the nature of enterprise search, transforming it into intelligent search: The power and sophistication of machine learning will ensure search results are always the most relevant and intelligent. Results won’t have to match the keywords anymore - they will match the intent of the user. Machine learning continuously learns and adjusts based on different signals, such as a community of users’ behavior, and automatically adjusts search results. Search successes achieved by others improve the results and experiences for everyone. When bundled with powerful cloud-based search applications, machine-learning search services will be easy to activate and help people find more with less effort.
- Greater confidence in cybersecurity will extend the benefits of search across the enterprise: With growing confidence in both the underlying security of individual on-premise systems and cloud security technologies and practices, more companies will unify their cloud and on-premise content from across all of their systems. This move will enable organizations to extend enterprise search across all systems, including data siloes, and finally give every employee and every customer the best, most far-reaching and most relevant information at every point.
- Enterprise search will enable real-time engagement and learning for digital transformation: Digital workplace architectures will require search to integrate information from disparate data sources to deliver the best information to every customer and every employee. When people have the most relevant information at the precise moment of need, they engage and learn in real time. In 2016, enterprise search technologies will give everyone the information they need, when they need it, because it will understand what has helped “others like me” to succeed.
- Proactive and predictive recommendations will deliver more intuitive and automatic information delivery: In 2016, companies will move beyond the first level of search maturity - becoming more responsive to every question – to giving customers and employees proactive and predictive recommendations. Proactive search will show people what is related to their current needs. Predictive search will recommend what the individual doesn’t even know they need, but will find important.
- Search will make more systems intelligent in the digital workplace: Powerful search technology will simply deliver the best information from across the enterprise and beyond, within the systems where people work and interact every day. Search will make systems smart by delivering the best information, every time.
“2016 will be a pivotal year for enterprise search. Organizations now recognize the strategic value of using intelligent search-based applications to drive more customer and employee engagement,” said Laurent Simoneau, Coveo President and CTO. “New search technologies and services will provide tremendous opportunities in 2016 for enterprises to securely reach and unify diverse information everywhere, and deliver only what matters to each individual.”
Coveo is on a mission to transform business by engaging customers with greater relevance and upskilling employees with intelligent search, where and when they work and interact. Coveo Intelligent Search Apps unleash the power of fragmented, disparate information from across the enterprise IT ecosystem, cloud and on-premise, to surface and recommend what matters: relevant information, people, products and services. Recognized as the Most Visionary Leader in Enterprise Search by Gartner and as a leader in Big Data Search and Knowledge Discovery by Forrester, Coveo intelligent search allows companies to succeed at self-service, create high performance contact centers, and cultivate company-wide collaboration. With the search industry’s highest security standards, broadest connectivity and greatest relevance, Coveo removes complexity to make intelligent search work, quickly and effectively, with the only end-to-end intelligent search platform in the cloud. Coveo has more than 1500 activations in mid-to-large size, global organizations across multiple industries. Coveo partners with some of the world’s largest enterprise technology ecosystems, such as Salesforce, where contextual insights from outside the platform are critical to delivering a unified experience for their customers. For more information, please visit www.coveo.com, and follow us on the Coveo blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
647 438 5414