Coveo Solves L’Oréal Switzerland’s Big, Varied Data Challenge to Better Develop, Market and Sell Products
Coveo helps optimize efficiency of mobile sales employees, shorten time to productivity for new employees, and improve quality of information available company wide
QUEBEC – November 28, 2012
- Today Coveo announced that L’Oréal Switzerland has implemented Coveo’s highly advanced, Enterprise Search and Unified Indexing platform to solve challenges associated with the proliferation of varied data across all departments, including marketing, human resources, accounting and field sales.
- L’Oréal Switzerland is one of many worldwide branches of L’Oréal, a global beauty and cosmetic supply company with an international portfolio of 27 diverse and complementary brands.
The company’s unique research arm enables L’Oréal to continually explore new territories and invent the products of the future.
- With Coveo for Enterprise Content, all L’Oréal Switzerland employees have consolidated views of contextually relevant knowledge across departments and people. One hundred field sales representatives are better able to target customers’ needs through real-time mobile access to data. Better access to information has led to significant overall employee productivity improvements.
- L’Oréal Switzerland employees gain quick insight on products, projects and customer issues faster than previously possible. Coveo’s Unified Indexing platform virtually integrates data for L’Oréal Switzerland across the following: file servers with 1.3 million documents; Active Directory containing data for 40,000 people throughout the company; two Exchange servers with three-million emails; and SharePoint.
- Prior to the Coveo implementation, L’Oréal Switzerland employees used individual system file search from Windows or in Microsoft Outlook to try to locate information, resulting in time wasted in resolving customer issues, in training new employees and in field sales searching for information to prepare for customer meetings.
- Philippe Cattin, IT Manager, L’Oreal Switzerland: “With Coveo, the biggest pain point solved is finding the right information at the right time. In my opinion, Coveo should be the first and only search tool for all employees, even sales representatives on the road every day. We could no longer live without Coveo.”
Louis Têtu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: “The next wave of economic growth is tied to a greater ability to obtain a return on collective knowledge. L’Oréal Switzerland is leading the way by providing employees in all departments with access to information across multiple repositories. Coveo gives L’Oréal employees greater insight into corporate data about customers and products, regardless of where it resides. Gaining real-time, relevant insight and knowledge is the best way to empower employees and help them perform their jobs exceedingly well.”
Coveo transforms users’ and companies’ ability to gain the right insight every time from overwhelming amounts of diverse, unstructured and structured data across all systems—on-premise, in the cloud and in social channels. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo’s advanced, unified indexing technology securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company’s three lines of business bring relevant insight to CRM for Sales & Service, Web Content Management systems for personalized marketing, and Enterprise Content for engineering and operations. Among Coveo’s more than 400 customers are CA Technologies, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and Boston Children’s Hospital. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
418-263-1111 x233 Office