CAIJ Recognized for Innovative Use of Coveo Solutions to Provide Legal Professionals with Relevant and Instant Insight to Law-Related Knowledge
QUEBEC – October 10, 2012
- Today Coveo announced that the Centre d’accès à l’information juridique/Legal Information Access Centre (CAIJ) has received significant success and increased popularity through its use of Coveo. In recent months, the non-profit organization has received both the 2012 OCTAS Business Solutions Award and the Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing for its use of Coveo for providing the most relevant insight and access to legal information to law professionals.
- Established in 2001, CAIJ is a non-profit organization that facilitates access to legal information. It is a related body to the Quebec Bar and is one of the largest sources of legal information in North America.
- CAIJ serves 25,000 members and runs a network of 39 law libraries located in courthouses throughout the province of Quebec. Using the Coveo unified indexing technology, CAIJ’s branded web-based search engine, JuriBistroTM UNIK, provides instantaneous access to over one-million digital resources in legislation, case law and legal literature. Since its launch in November 2011, CAIJ has observed a:
- 66 percent increase in average visit duration
- 15 percent increase in visitors
- 36 percent increase in search queries
- 25 percent increase in page views
- CAIJ selected Coveo for its intelligent unified indexing technology and its ability to index any data format, including HTML documents and MARC records, the international standard for the description of bibliographic items developed by the Library of Congress. MARC records facilitate the creation and dissemination of computerized cataloging from library to library.
- Through its use of Coveo, CAIJ gives legal practitioners – including judges, attorneys, lawyers and clerks – access to information, case law, legislation and documentation stored across various databases in order to facilitate legal decision-making and improve day-to-day efficiencies.
- The Coveo technology indexes data from virtually any system and presents contextually relevant information in easy-to-use interfaces adapted for legal professionals. Adding to the interactive nature of the interface, extracted custom metadata including judge names, jurisdictions and court types automatically create Coveo SmartFacetsTM for advanced information navigation.
- Coveo solutions instantly assemble contextually relevant information that is personalized for each user. It is both scalable and flexible to provide instant access to the vast amount of information produced by legal entities each day.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing honors a publisher that has demonstrated excellence by publishing a work, series, website or e-product that makes a significant contribution to legal research and scholarship.
- Held annually since 1987, the OCTAS competition is a unique opportunity to acknowledge the achievement of excellence in Quebec’s Information Technology industry. Winners are recognized for creative and dynamic approach and outstanding contributions to the advancement of the IT sector.
Diane Berry, SVP Marketing and Communication, Coveo: “CAIJ provides a critical service for the Quebec legal industry as a major source of information that is appropriate and reflective of the community’s needs, and we are pleased to support their mission. Case law is a complicated and dynamic web of information; the volume and variety of data the legal industry produces is exceptional. CAIJ recognized that to be the de facto law library for the Quebec lawyers, it needed to transform its data into insightful, useful and relevant information for its constituents. We are happy to provide them with that power.”
Richard Boivin, Executive Director, CAIJ: “Through our partnership with Coveo, we’ve been able to offer the legal community a virtual library of insightful information that can impact legal decision making, and we’ve been recognized by two associations for our innovations and advancement of informative law.”
CAIJ is a network of 39 libraries serving members of the Bar and Judiciary of Quebec. CAIJ offers research and training services as well as a range of research tools accessible online through JuriBistroTM search tools Suite. CAIJ mission is to "make legal information available, with priority given to members of the Bar and Judiciary of Quebec, and to ensure that access is the same regardless of geographical location or work environment.” Every day, CAIJ strives to reduce the time, effort and cost of accessing legal information. For more information, visit http://www.caij.qc.ca/
Coveo transforms users’ and companies’ ability to gain the right insight every time from overwhelming amounts of diverse, unstructured and structured data across all systems—on-premise, in the cloud and in social channels. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo’s advanced, unified indexing technology securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company’s three lines of business bring relevant insight to CRM and Contact Centers for sales & service, WCMs for one-to-one marketing, and Enterprise Content for engineering and operations. Coveo role-based Insight Consoles™ provide advanced navigation into consolidated, correlated information mashups, within any application, including Coveo for Salesforce. Among Coveo’s more than 400 customers are CA Technologies, YUM! Brands, GEICO and Boston Children’s Hospital. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
418-263-1111 x233 Office